Who can say no to a Turkey Sandwich!?!
So what do you do with the 14 pounds of turkey leftovers? Well I guess I do have 5 children, so I could through it all into a trough and let them go at it… OR I could make the best turkey sandwich ever! Ya I’ll do that instead!
Firstly to make a turkey sandwich, you must make yourself a turkey, I actually did that just for this sandwich! … Ok not really, but I did make a turkey and I will write about that! OH actually if you EVER prepare turkey you need to sing this song whilst you do it.
Now that we have that out of our system let’s get to turkey sandwich making! The real key to an amazing turkey sandwich is the bread in my opinion. It’s the building block of the whole sandwich, and I wager that a sandwich without bread isn’t even a sandwich! So anyway, I went over to Cobs Bakery and picked up a Sourdough loaf of bread for this project. Sourdough is just amazing, and grilled it’s even better!
- 2 pieces Sourdough Bread
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Dill pickle
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 2 TBSP of Gravy
- 2 Slices of Turkey (Or as much as you want!)
- Preheat Frying Pan
- Fry Turkey with 2 TBSP of gravy in pan, push to one side.
- Butter one side of both pieces of bread and place it butter side down in pan.
- Put cheese on each piece of bread
- Place turkey onto the cheese on one side of bread
- Once bottom is toasted how you like it, pull off of pan
- Slice up Tomato and pickle and place on top
- Mustard and Mayo salt/pepper
- Put the top of the sandwich on and enjoy!
I had small bread so I made 2 sandwiches… What?? Ok fine I would have made 2 even if it was big bread… But whatever, look at the bread ready for the turkey, it was meant to be.
It is now one step closer to my mouth. Some people say that a sandwich tastes better if someone else makes it for you.. I disagree, I know what I want, and I make sure it is done the way I want it.
There she is! In all her glory, well I guess it’s her and her sister, regardless they were both mine and I enjoyed them thoroughly! Why not wash this sandwich down with one of these outstanding beers I have found!